by Jon Moon | Aug 24, 2016 | Mobile Apps, News, Products
MEI Research announces the August 2016 update of our PiLR Health cloud platform and PiLR EMA mobile application.
- Participants can now connect to a study by scanning a QR code in the PiLR EMA mobile application, eliminating the need to send login credentials. All participants have to do is install PiLR EMA and select “…QR code” on the login page. Participants still are identified uniquely, but the identity and security credentials are assigned automatically. The QR code is specific to each project and is created on web site. The new QR registration is ideal for community surveys, recruiting for studies and rapidly enrolling a large number of participants.
- We also simplified and improved security for new research team users to register on the PiLR Health web interface.
- Project configurations (EMA Config and Project Setup) can now be locked to prevent accidental changes. New participants can be created and other functions remain available. This allows the investigator to give multiple members of the research team access to the project configuration while ensuring that no conditions are changed during a longitudinal study.
- You can create a custom Copyright statement that is displayed within PiLR EMA to help protect your rights to content provided in the app.
- The PiLR EMA Builder has been improved to give research teams more control of the mobile application landing experience. You can edit the Application Tab titles as well as the Application Name. Even the Logo that is displayed on the PiLR EMA App splash page can be replaced with a custom graphic.
- PiLR EMA and PiLR Health are introducing support for media cards. The EMA Builder function supports the creation of media cards for collection of pictures, and sound, and for use in PiLR EMA delivered surveys. PiLR Health provides built-in support for display of these media files.
by Jon Moon | May 17, 2016 | Products, Study and Data Management
We just posted a Dataset Pimer. The document is at the bottom of the PiLR Health Training and Technical Support page. This should be a good document for someone who want to use the PiLR Health system to collect research data and wants to understand how data is stored.
by Jon Moon | Apr 25, 2016 | Ecological Momentary Assessment, Products
We’ve added a new document to the bottom of the PiLR Health Training and Technical Support page. It provides detailed information that will be helpful if you want to use the Branching and Piping features of surveys.
by Jon Moon | Apr 11, 2016 | Products
- Improved the DataViewer functionality to allow filtering using logical expressions
- Improved the Registration page to improve security and user navigation
- Changed the timer event trigger functionality to simplify rule coding
- Bug Fixes
by Jon Moon | Mar 28, 2016 | Products
Welcome to our new site. We have made enough additions to our product suite (PiLR Health, PiLR EMA) that we decided it was time to relaunch the site. If you are interested in learning more go here. If it has been a while, PiLR Health is our cloud hosted site for managing studies, interfacing with 3rd party sensors, and setting up and creating content for our mobile application, called PiLR EMA. Our mobile app can be downloaded from the Apple iTunes store and from the Android Playstore. These are fully functional content driven applications that are designed to allow you to create and deliver custom content to study participants. PiLR Health acts as a collection point, and can be used to manage, process, and analyze the collected data.
The standard applications do quite a bit. However, we also work with research teams to meet their unique needs. In these settings you get the benefit of starting with the standard apps, and customizing them, as opposed to having to build from scratch. In both cases, our investments mean you can access the latest in mobile technology at a fraction of the cost associated with building your own.
Interested in talking to us, click here.